About Bob Hopper, PhD
Bob Hopper, Ph.D. is more than an insurance broker; he is an author, speaker, educator, and leader in the insurance industry.
As the founder of Hopper Insurance Services in 1996, Bob’s primary goal was, and still is, to help individuals, families and local businesses find the best values in health and life insurance coverage.
While Bob is experienced in health, Medicare and life insurance, he is a true expert in health savings accounts. In fact, Bob Hopper wrote a continuing education textbook for the insurance industry that is a go-to resource for agents across the country. He is the author of three books on health care.
Bob Hopper, Author:
- The HSA Strategy: The Future of Health Insurance in America
- A continuing education textbook for the insurance industry
- Health Care Happily Ever After – A Friendly Little Tale of the Health Savings Account and How it Won the Heart of a Nation
- An easy-to-read novel for business owners and HR professionals
- Stick With Exercise For A Lifetime – How to Enjoy Every Minute of It!
- A single great read for anyone looking to improve their health and well-being
Bob Hopper, Educator and Speaker:
- Former board member and Community Education Chair, National Association of Health Underwriters, Santa Barbara chapter
- Statewide Instructor, California CPA Educational Foundation, presenting, “The HSA Workshop”
- Wellness speaker and consultant on health-related issues for large national companies
- Past President, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Santa Barbara chapter
- Past presenter and speaker at several national conferences supporting HSAs
- Frequent contributor to the Santa Barbara News Press regarding healthcare reform
Bob Hopper, The Personal Side:
- A former world class swimmer, NCAA champion, at The Ohio State University
- A former professor of Exercise Physiology and head swimming and water polo coach at Occidental College in Los Angeles
- Formerly a Jazz guitarist for the Torchlighters
- Regular golfer, oil painter and lover of gourmet cooking
- Happily married for over 22 years to his writer/artist wife in Santa Barbara, California