WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU APPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE
- You can apply for Medicare Part B three (3) months prior to your “birth month.”
- For example, if your birth month is July, count back three months–June, May, April.
- You can apply for Medicare starting on April 1.
- The quickest way is applying online. See “New-to Medicare Checklist” on left menu.
- Starting 1-1-2020 insurance agents are required to include your new Medicare number in order to apply for a health plan. Normally it takes 3-6 weeks after you apply before you receive your new card.
- Once you receive your Medicare card, you should make an appointment to enroll in a Medicare supplemental plan.
Note: If you like to plan ahead to make things easy, applying for Medicare Part B is a good first step.